Found 9 entries, viewing 1 through 5.
Blog Update | Django 1.0
Drafts Do Not Go Into The Feed
Remember kids, do not feed your feed drafts. It is unprofessional.
Blog updated to filter out drafts in the RSS feed.
Yet More Blog Upgrades
Well I've added a few more improvements to the blog software.
- Drafts can now be viewed on a login restricted url.
READMEfile now has details of template tags, an example
blog.html, and the CSS used.
- Improved doc strings so you can read template tag info in the admin.
There are other things I'd like to see, but this works well for now.
Updates to the Blog Code
I've made some updates to the software that runs this blog. A few changes that make for good reasons to update:
The subtitle block no long adds the <h2> tag. You'll need to adjust your
blog.htmlto put tags around the subtitle block.
Fixed the way it references your settings. I'm now doing it correctly by writing
from django.conf import settings.
- Some minor other cleanup.
Share and Enjoy.
My Blog Code
Well, I've cleaned up the Django app that runs this blog. If you look at it, you need to read the
README file first. Trust me.
- Comments system that uses akismet to filter spam. After-the-fact comment filtering.
- RSS feeds on a per-tag basis and one of recent entries.
- Uses only the Django admin.
- Uses django-svn revision 5994. Probably broken with current versions.
- Shamelessly used calendar snippet.
Provided templates that assume all sorts of CSS you probably aren't using! Luckily you only really need to override